- Public Works
- Lynwood Environmental
- What do I do with my unwanted Bulky Items?
All single-family and multi-family residents living within the City of Lynwood are eligible to receive free "Bulky Item" collection service, with a limit of 5 items per collection. Bulky items include items such as:
- Wood waste
- Large yard waste
- Cell phones
- Microwaves and other similar products
Call 888-467-7600 to schedule your free pick-up. Additionally, all bulky items can be taken to county and City clean-up events.
- How do I properly dispose of sharps?
Hypodermic needles, syringes with needles, lancets and other sharps thrown into household waste present a great risk to sanitation workers, janitors, housekeepers and children-event pets. Lynwood residents can conveniently and responsibly dispose of needles, lancets and other sharps from homes with mail-back containers in 4 easy steps:
- Residents call Waste Resources Inc. at 888-467-7600 to request a free Sharps Kits (includes container, pre-paid postage label, and a form)
- Waste Resources will deliver the kit to the residence the following week
- Residents will fill up the container with sharps
- Residents mail the containers back for safe disposal by using the pre-paid postage label provided and sign the form included in the inside pocket of the kit
- What is my waste collection schedule?
You can see your waste collection schedule on the Lynwood Environmental page or on the Street Sweeping and Waste Schedule page.
- When will my holiday tree be collected?
Holiday trees discarded by residences will be collected beginning December 26 and continuing for 3 weeks for free. Place your holiday tree curbside next to waste carts on your collection day. Trees over 6 feet tall must be cut in half and be sure to remove ornaments and stand.
- What are the state laws that affect me?
For information on state mandated laws and requirements, please visit the CalRecycle website.
- How do I get more information on the City of Lynwood's environmental programs?
You can contact Public Works at 310-603-0220, ext. 801.