The City of Lynwood’s Public Works Crews were busy at work throughout Lynwood clearing public spaces of illegally dumped items, repairing potholes, removing graffiti, cleaning transient sites and clearing alleys as part of the regular rotation to ensure the City’s alleys are cleaned on a regular basis.
Last week 94 miles were cleared. The alleys included:
- Virginia Ave. east alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St.,
- Pope Ave. east El Granada alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St.,
- Atlantic Ave. east alley from Fernwood Ave. to Cortland St.,
- Atlantic Ave. west alley Lavinia Ave. to Agnes Ave.,
- Carlin Ave. south Palm Ave. alley from Muriel Dr. to Bradfield Ave.,
- Carlin Ave. south alley from Atlantic Ave. to Olanda St.,
- 5118 Clark Ave. alley from Atlantic Ave. to Millrace Ave.,
- First Ave. and Lavinia Ave. alley to Agnes Ave.,
- Second Ave. and Lavinia Ave. alley to Agnes Ave.
- Third Ave. and Lavinia Ave. alley to Agnes Ave., and
- Fourth Ave. and Lavinia Ave. alley to Agnes Ave.
In addition, to prevent accelerated weed growth due to the recent rains, crews sprayed 10 alleys, collected illegally dumped items from 65 locations, repaired 492 potholes and replaced 20 missing street signs.
This is only a small list of the work Lynwood’s Public Works crews perform each week to keep our streets and alleys clean and our public spaces safe. You can help by properly disposing of your unwanted items – together we can work together to keep Lynwood safe and clean!