Even as the rain poured last week, Lynwood’s Public Works crews were working hard to keep our streets and alleys clean! As you know, in an effort to keep the City’s alleys clean, the Public Works Department cleans them on a 21-28-day rotational basis.
Last week, the following alleys were cleared of debris and illegally dumped items:
- Atlantic Ave. east from Los Flores Blvd. to MLK, Jr. Blvd. alley,
- Pope Ave. west from Los Flores Blvd. to MLK, Jr. Blvd. alley,
- Duncan Ave. west from Los Flores Blvd. to MLK, Jr. Blvd alley,
- Long Beach Blvd. east alley from Burton Ave. to Magnolia Ave,
- Atlantic Ave. east from Primo’s alley Olanda St. to Blount Pl.,
- Borson Ave alley from Elmwood Ave. to Wright Rd.,
- Atlantic Ave. east alley from Cortland St. to Fernwood Ave.,
- Cortland St. south from Ernestine Ave. to Gertrude Dr.,
- Lugo Ave. south alley from Bullis Rd. to Atlantic Ave.
More than 94 miles of alleys were cleared of items that ranged from furniture and appliances, Christmas trees, food waste and buckets of oil.
You can help keep Lynwood clean by properly disposing of your unwanted items or trash. Check out the City of Lynwood’s Environmental page at https://www.lynwoodca.gov/208/Lynwood-Environmental
Let’s all work together to keep Lynwood clean and safe!