The Stoneacre Avenue Improvement project between Carlin Avenue and McMillan Street was done in collaboration with the City of Compton. Work consisted of street resurfacing, traffic signing, striping improvements and partial replacement of sidewalks, curbs and gutters and driveway approaches. Work was originally scheduled to begin in October 2022 however due to inclement weather conditions, work began in January 2023. Contractor crews worked hard to get the project back on schedule and completed the work in February.
The CIP Priority Street Improvement project work area is on
Alma Avenue from Ruth Street to Otis Street:
- Los Flores Boulevard from Atlantic Avenue to Duncan Avenue
- Los Flores Boulevard from Santa Fe Avenue to Bellinger Street
- Los Flores Boulevard from Long Beach Boulevard to Imperial Highway
- San Luis Avenue from Abbott Road to Norton Avenue/MLK Boulevard
- San Miguel Avenue from Abbott Road to Norton Avenue
Improvements consists of the construction of new ADA compliant curb ramps where needed and rehabilitation of gutters, sidewalks, driveway approaches and pavement for the city streets that are in need of repairs. Striping will also be rehabilitated to enhance vehicular and pedestrian safety where needed. New signage will be installed and utility covers adjusted. Outdated curbs at the intersections will also be updated to handicapped ramps. Work on this project is underway and is scheduled to be completed by the end of April.