Spring is in the air and that also means allergies! Lynwood’s Public Works teams are working hard to help keep allergies to a minimum by getting rid of weeds and keeping new weeds from growing!
Last week, they conducted weed abatement activities in the following areas:
- Carlin Ave. at the Thorson Ave. park alley,
- 4200 block of the Carlin Ave. alley
- Along the parkways at Edgebrook Ave., Fertile St., Los Flores Bl. (at Tierra Mia), Wright Rd. at the 710, and Josephine St. from Wright Rd. to Ham Park
- Along the tree wells and sidewalks on Atlantic Ave. from Abbott Rd. to Arlington Ave., Imperial Hwy to State St., and Martin Luther King, Jr. Bl. To Long Beach Bl.
- Along the sidewalks at 3356 Josephine St., Long Beach Bl. at Josephine St. (the U-Haul and Tam’s side), and Bellinger St. at end of Flower St.,
- At the Water Department at 5200 Imperial Hwy.
An added benefit of getting rid of weeds and keeping new weeds from growing is that it makes our City more beautiful!