Enter the Juneteenth Essay Contest
Calling all Lynwood Middle and High School Students! Enter the Juneteenth Essay Contest!
Tell us “What is Important to Me About Juneteenth?” The first, second and third place essays will be awarded cash prizes and recognized at a Lynwood City Council meeting.
Here’s what you need to know to enter:
- Open to LUSD or Lynwood resident middle and high school students,
- Essay must be 500 words or less,
- Entry deadline is Monday, June 12 at 11pm,
- Submit entries to email@example.com,
- Prizes include $250 for 1st place, $150 for 2nd place and $100 for 3rd place.
Juneteenth is a federal holiday that commemorates the emancipation of enslaved African Americans. You can read more about Juneteenth at: https://nmaahc.si.edu/explore/stories/historical-legacy-juneteenth
This event is sponsored by Citizens Council for Cultural Awareness in coordination with the City of Lynwood Department of Recreation and Community Services.
For more information, call 310-603-0220 ext. 319