The City of Lynwood Alleys Improvement Project has been completed!
The project consisted of removal and replacement of asphalt concrete (AC) pavement and subgrade removal and construction of new AC pavement section, existing asphalt grinding and AC overlay, removal and/or construction of concrete lengthwise gutters, removal and reconstruction of the pavement and AC driveway pavement overlay.
“Our alleys are used by both pedestrians and service providers. Maintaining those alleys is important for our residents who expect a clean and safe city,” said Lynwood Mayor Pro-Tem José-Luis Solache. “The continued improvement of our City’s infrastructure is a top priority for this Council.”
The 12 alley segments included in the project included:
1. Alley 5: Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard from Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard
2. Alley 18: Sanborn Avenue to East alley of Atlantic Avenue
3. Alley 34: Linden Street to West alley of Atlantic Avenue
4. Alley 38: Elm Avenue to Harris Avenue
5. Alley 39: Elm Avenue to Linden Street
6. Alley 40: Linden Street to West alley of Atlantic Avenue
7. Alley 102: Olanda Street to Alley East of Atlantic Avenue
8. Alley 104: Alley 108 to Alley East of Duncan Avenue
9. Alley 105: Elmwood Avenue to Los Flores Boulevard
10. Alley 108: Los Flores Boulevard to Imperial Highway
11. Alley 110: Beechwood Avenue to Elmwood Avenue
12. Alley 113: Beechwood Avenue to Sanborn Avenue
Thank you to our residents for their patience during the construction process.