The City of Lynwood recently completed a citywide slurry seal program on time and under budget. It’s Phase 1 of a four-phase program to maintain Lynwood’s streets for residents, the business community and visitors.
"Your City Council is committed to making sure our streets are well maintained and safe,” said Lynwood Mayor Jorge Casanova. “This is the first phase of a massive infrastructure project that will protect and preserve our streets for years to come.”
Slurry seal projects are an important part of the city’s pavement management program as the treatment provides a new wearing surface of the road and protects it from sun and water damage. It prolongs the life of asphalt at a fraction of the cost of full pavement (structural) repair.
The locations for this recently completed Phase 1 include:
1. Ernestine Ave Louise St Josephine St
2. Ernestine Ave Josephine St Virginia Ave
3. Ernestine Ave Virginia Ave Agnes Ave
4. Ernestine Ave EOP Louise St
5. Josephine St State St Peach St
6. Josephine St E Monrovia Lindbergh Ave
7. Josephine St Lindbergh Ave Nevada Ave
8. Josephine St Nevada Ave Long Beach Blvd
9. Josephine St Bullis Rd Ernestine Ave
10. Josephine St Ernestine Ave Gertrude Dr
11. Josephine St Gertrude Dr Muriel Dr
12. Gertrude Dr Virginia Ave Agnes St
13. Gertrude Dr Cortland St Fernwood Ave
14. Gertrude Dr Fernwood Ave Louise St
15. Gertrude Dr Louise St Josephine St
16. Gertrude Dr Josephine St Virginia Ave
17. Louise St Gertrude Dr Muriel Dr
18. Lugo Ave Muriel Dr Harris Ave
19. Muriel Dr Platt Ave Walnut Ave
We’ll keep you posted on the upcoming infrastructure projects!